Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Babysitter fless after abuse

A babysitter working for a couple in Mataram fled her employers after 8 months of allegedly undergoing physical abuse and never being paid salary. After her escape, Cendana Windia Teleduka reported to the police station. She said that she was able to runaway from the house after being beaten up by her female employer. She said that she just fed a 13-month child milk and was asked to iron clothes.

"She suddenly hit me and pushed me and pulled my hair. She always does this ever since I worked for her. I couldn't resist it anymore so I escaped" Cendana said.

She had bruises all over her face and her right was red because the employer poked her. She signed a contract that says that she'll work for 6 months and will get paid for 1 million rupias per month, but she was never paid. The hitting was from bare hands to broom or umbrella.


I think that this is really mean. I don't think that hurting your babysitter you hired is the right thing to do. I also feel bad for the babysitter. No payment and the beating is all just cruel.

Question:
If you were one of the policemen, what would you do about this?

Jakarta Post
Sunday March 14, page 8

No comments: